We covered some information about Segwit2X in Part I, here is some more information about Bitcoin’s next hard fork.
- Segwit2x’s supporters: – Miners who profit from Bitcoin transactions and Startup’s to are building applications
- Segwit2x’s opponents: – Developers who wants to keep legacy Bitcoin going and do not see need of increasing block size. Also, Node operators, who’s cost will increase with Block size.
- Fork will go into effect for block number 494784.
- Ticker after split maybe, B2X (but most developers who support Segwit2x, think that it is logical extension to legacy Bitcoin.
- Currently, there is no strong replay protetion for Segwit2x, it means legacy Bitcoin transaction and B2X transactions will look identical on both Blockchain. It might create confusion and spending one coin might mean spending both. So just an advise, do not spend your Bitcoin until dust settles after the fork.
- If you are using Mobile (Light) Wallets – Be careful if you are accepting Bitcoin payments, you might get B2X instead of BTC.
- If you are controlling your private keys, then you can take advantage of newly created coin, B2X.
Hope above information helps to understand Segwit2X. Whatever side you choose, legacy or something new with new ideas, Gold or Cash, we think Legacy bitcoin will prevail everyone in long run, including Altcoins (except Ethereum and Litecoin)